Sun-Dried Tomato Rice Balls
I love anything that goes with everything! A perfect example of what I mean by that is these Sun-Dried Tomato Rice Balls. They make the perfect side dish for just about anything. They even make a great appetizer served with a simple side of marinara sauce or your favorite dip/condiment. They’re quick and easy to make, too!
My favorite way to eat these flavorful Rice Balls is in a Buddha Bowl. If you haven’t heard of Buddha Bowls, they are basically bowls filled with a combination of grains, such as rice or quinoa, and a variety of veggies. I almost always add avocado to my buddha bowls, too. You can pretty much add in whatever you like, with the goal of making it wholesome, hearty, and colorful. Check out this link for some Buddha Bowl inspo. These Sun-Dried Tomato Rice Balls are one of my favorite additions to Buddha Bowls, making them extra filling and delish.
Ingredients for the Rice Balls (Makes About 8):
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, in oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until mixed well.
- Form small scoops and place on a baking sheet, with space in between.
- Cook in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Begin to check on them every few minutes after the 30 minute mark.
- Let the Sun-Dried Tomato Rice Balls cool for about 5-10 minutes, then enjoy!
This Buddha Bowl I made included quinoa, sautéed zucchini, roasted garlic, yellow wax beans, pickled onions, and sun-dried tomato rice balls drizzled with Primal Kitchen’s ranch dressing.
For this Buddha Bowl, I threw together some cooked spaghetti squash with freshly cracked pepper, purple cabbage, chopped romaine, avocado sprinkled with hemp seeds, pickled onions, & the rice balls – front and center. Before I dug in, I also added a generous drizzle of creamy tahini dressing. Do get creative with your Buddha Bowls and do add in these savory Sun-Dried Tomato Rice Balls! 🙂
p.s. happy holidays!