If your mouth doesn’t water from this picture, then I’m diagnosing you with Dry Mouth Syndrome. Even though this picture looks heavenly and all, it doesn’t do justice on how delicious this pie really is. It is creamy, delicate, smooth, sweet, and rich. With all of that said, it still happens to be gluten-free, sugar free, and dairy-free. Chocolate and peanut butter are one of the best combinations anyone can ever encounter. Making this recipe will lead to guaranteed satisfaction.
- 2 cups pre-soaked cashews
- 1 cup pitted dates
- splash of water
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
Gooey PB Layer Ingredients:
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup pitted dates
Chocolate Layer Ingredients:
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 4 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, depending on desired sweetness
- Crushed peanuts (optional for topping)
Method for Crust:
- In a food processor, combine the cashews and cacao until fully crumbled together. Set that aside into a bowl.
- Add dates and water to the food processor or high-speed blender until a gooey texture is formed.
- Combine that sticky caramel-like texture to the bowl of cashews and cacao, then mix together.
- Mold the crust flat onto a pie dish.
- Place in the freezer, until the next layer is ready to be poured on.
Method for Gooey PB Layer:
- Blend together all of the PB ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Pour the creamy peanut butter filling onto crust.
- Place back into the freezer.
Method for the Chocolate Layer:
- Blend the chocolate layer ingredients until smooth.
- Take the pie out of the freezer after about 15 minutes.
- Pour chocolate layer evenly on top of the peanut butter layer.
- Place it back in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Top with crushed peanuts, if desired, then slice into wedges & serve!