Mini Caramel Apples & Pears
The holidays are in full swing, which means so is our sweet tooth!
These Mini Caramel Apples & Pears are adorable, fun & easy to make!
Thanks to Ooooby, the fruit drawer in my fridge was starting to overflow with this season’s apples and pears, so I wanted to use them up while they were fresh and crisp.
I thought of making caramel apples, then started wondering why caramel pears aren’t as much of a hit. Caramel pears deserve to be just as famous as the caramel apples featured in the glass windows of every candy store, in my opinion. So, I intended to simply dip the apples and pears into caramel (hence the name: Mini Caramel Apples & Pears), but when the baking aisle displayed other options like fall-colored sprinkles, pumpkin spice morsels, white chocolate, and graham cracker crumbs, my sweet tooth couldn’t help itself. I ended up dipping and rolling them into much more than just caramel. Nonetheless, these treats turned out amazeballs and made my family’s Thanksgiving get-together a little sweeter!
Instead of being teased by the dreamy caramel apples in candy store windows and these photos, make your own to enjoy with friends and family! Make them as simple or as festive as you wish.
Treat yourself; you dessert it…I mean deserve it.
- 3 apples
- 3 pears
- 1 bag caramels
- 1 cup melting white chocolate
- Sprinkles, crushed pecans, graham cracker crumbs, etc.
- 20-30 lollipop sticks
- Use a melon baller to scoop out small rounded apples and pears.
- Pat them dry to absorb any moisture that may cause the caramel to slip off.
- Heat caramel over low-medium heat until warmed and completely melted. Add a small splash of water, if necessary. Follow package instructions to melt white chocolate.
- Stab each rounded apple/pear with a lollipop stick.
- Next, individually dip into the caramel or white chocolate to fully coat, then roll around into toppings of your choice.
- Allow them to cool and harden, then enjoy!