If you just want to jump through your computer or phone right now to take a bite, I don’t blame you. But since that would probably crack your screen, I’ll give you the opportunity to make this for yourself at home instead! This pasta is so freakin’ delicious!!! It’s safe to say I devoured it seconds after this picture was taken. My taste-testers(roomie & boyfriend) were quite impressed too, I must add.
This pasta is substituted with spaghetti squash. For all of us pasta lovers, let’s take a moment to thank the Squash Gods for the creation of spaghetti squash. I’m Italian, so you know I have a thing for pasta.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 zucchinis, chopped
- 1-2 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- Salt/pepper/garlic powder, to taste
- Wash all veggies
- Spear spaghetti squash a few times with a sharp knife, then place the whole squash in the microwave for 3 minutes increments 4 times, so a total of 12 minutes. Depending on the size of the squash, you may need more or less time. You want the squash to be quite soft when poked.
- Carefully take the squash out of the microwave and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- While it is sitting, sauté the garlic with olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Then, add zucchini with a splash of water and cover with a lid.
- Once zucchini becomes florescent and softened, add tomato and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Season with garlic/salt/pepper. Then, remove pan from the stove.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, then discard the seeds.
- After removing its seeds, scrape out the skinny noodle-like parts and put into a bowl.
- Add cooked veggies to the spaghetti squash.
- Sprinkle goat cheese or feta cheese on top, then enjoy.