I can’t believe Spring is just around the corner! I can already tell 2017 is gonna be a quickie, just like all the other years that are behind us. Anyway, I figured I would share this Fall/Wintery salad on my blog now before it is nowhere near Fall/Winter. This Harvest Salad overflows with balsamic roasted Brussels sprouts, tender sweet potatoes, fluffy quinoa, chewy craisins, crunchy pecans all underneath an amazing apple vinaigrette dressing.
Harvest Salad Ingredients:
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1-2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 3/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 head curly kale, or other leafy green
- 1/2 cup craisins
Apple Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/2 Fuji apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave or honey
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt/pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, pure maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt/pepper.
- Coat Brussels sprouts evenly with this balsamic glaze.
- Toss cubed sweet potatoes with a touch of olive oil.
- Place Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, then take out and gently toss.
- Add in the pecans and bake for about 5 more minutes.
- For the Apple Vinaigrette, simply blend all dressing ingredients until smooth.
- In a large bowl, assemble the kale, quinoa, warmed Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, pecans and craisins.
- Drizzle Apple Vinaigrette on top, then serve and enjoy!