These stuffed bell peppers satisfy a hearty, healthy meal and are pretty simple to make. First, I suggest choosing your favorite type of rice– white, brown, quinoa, etc. as the main stuff in your stuffed bell peppers. Then, choose as many of your favorite fillings as you wish to combine into the peppers. Lastly, choose a light cheese to top the peppers with to add a melty, flavorful touch. The recipe I made consisted mainly of items that were already available in my fridge. They turned out delicious. Here’s my version of stuffed bell peppers below. 🙂
Ingredients (Serves 3-4):
- 4 bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 eggplant
- 3/4 cup cashews, chopped
- 1 large apple
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put rice in rice cooker for about 20 minutes, or steam.
- Chop all ingredients into bite sized pieces.
- Place eggplant in oven for about 20 minutes, until browned, rotate halfway through.
- Put crushed cashews in oven for 6-7 minutes to golden
- Lightly drizzle bell peppers with olive oil, then bake for about 30 minutes, making sure not to burn.
- When rice is done, mix it with the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss in the spinach.
- Scoop the “stuff” into each half of the bell peppers and lightly sprinkle on feta cheese.
- Place back in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Let cool, then enjoy!