DIY Fruit Bouquet
Raised Expectations Day (or more commonly known as Valentine’s Day) is just a hop, skip & a jump away! For many occasions, including <3 Day, my boyfriend has gifted me with a bouquet of beautifully arranged fruit. I have absolutely loved receiving such a tasty and colorfully sweet bouquet, until I made him admit how much time and money he had spent on such a gesture. He mentioned the rocket-high price just to request a pineapple in the shape of Hello Kitty and how much extra it cost for a single strawberry to be dipped in chocolate. Delivery was extra too of course, and so were the balloons, and little attached V-day tag. My babe also told me the line to pick up the pre-ordered bouquet wraps around the parking lot on special holidays. With all of that being said, I am excited to share how surprisingly easy, fun and cheap it can be to make your very own edible bouquet at home! You may spend a little extra time assembling it, but will definitely save yourself or your honey some money. Something homemade is always more thoughtful, anyway. DIY is the way to go!
What you’ll need:
- Fruit of choice: strawberries, grapes, pineapple, etc.
- 1 Head of cabbage
- Curly kale leaves
- Wooden skewers
- A large vase or bowl
For the chocolate (optional):
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder or carob
- 2 tablespoons agave or pure maple syrup
- For the chocolate (if using), whisk together the melted coconut oil, cacao powder, and agave/syrup until smooth.
- Dip desired fruit into the chocolate to coat. Feel free to add sprinkles, too. Then, place onto parchment paper and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Place the head of cabbage into your bowl or vase.
- Fan out some curly kale to cover the cabbage.
- Slice/cut up fruit or use a cookie cutter to make fun shapes.
- Stick several skewers near the center, then thread fruit. Don’t forget to include the dipped fruit.
- Arrange fruit skewers around until the bowl or vase appears full and colorful.
STEPS SHOWN BELOW:
Wishing you all a lovely day of L O V E!