Chewy Peanut Butter Granola Bars
Who doesn’t like to snack on something chewy, peanut buttery, and granola bar-y? No one…which is why I bring you Chewy Peanut Butter Granola Bars. Even though you can find tons of conveniently pre-packaged granola bars at the grocery store, opt for these homemade granola bars instead! 🙂 They’re super easy to make and are loaded with protein and energizing ingredients.
- 2 cups rolled oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (I used Justin’s)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup agave, or more honey
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate covered sunflower seeds (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the sunflower seeds (if using).
- Once the oats and nuts are fully coated with sweet, peanut buttery goodness, transfer the mixture to a parchement-lined shallow pan.
- Flatten and even out, leaving it about an inch thick. Carefully slice into rectangles. Then, sprinkle on the sunflower seeds (if using) and gently pat down into the granola bars.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight, then enjoy!
p.s. Have a great day!