Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes are a great side dish! The only downfall is that they’re usually prepared with lots of butter or heavy cream. If you’re looking for a lighter alternative that promisingly tastes just as good, then these Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes will not disappoint. I guarantee 10/10 people who try these would assume they are your typical steak house served mashed potatoes. Though potatoes are indeed a vegetable and have health benefits of their own, cauliflower wins in the category of nutrition. The benefits of cauliflower include: cancer prevention, heart health, fights inflammation, rich in vitamins and minerals, brain support, digestive health, and provides antioxidants. I made these Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes for the first time last week and know they will become a staple of mine. From my kitchen to yours, I am happy to share these nutritiously delicious Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes with ya.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Steam cauliflower for about 10-12 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Remove cauliflower and place on a paper towel to dry a bit.
- Next, transfer it to a large food processor with the greek yogurt, garlic salt and pepper.
- Process until a mashed potato consistency is reached.
- Add more seasoning to taste, if desired.
- Serve with fresh parsley or Crispy Shallots (recipe below).
Ingredients for Crispy Shallots:
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Method for Crispy Shallots:
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer crisped shallots onto a paper towel to dry, then sprinkle on top of the Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes.