Caramel Apple Smoothie
A Caramel Apple Smoothie needs no introduction; I had you at caramel, right?
I like sharing nutritiously delicious recipes with you, cleary, but what I like even more is being able to physically give you something you can enjoy without having to go buy ingredients, read a recipe, and hope it comes out as seen on
T.V. a blog. Unfortunately, I can’t exactly ship a smoothie, but fortunately, I can at least offer it to those who live near me! So, I did.
Giving away smoothies was definitely an automatic mood-booster, especially during the holidays. Before Thanksgiving, I met up with a handful of people to give them one of my Pumpkin Pie Smoothies and just before Christmas, I did the same with these Caramel Apple Smoothies. Whether it was a close friend or a stranger, I was so happy to see someone else happy just by receiving something as simple as a free smoothie. If you live in Fresyes, follow my Insta to hear about the next time I have something to share. I’m looking forward to doing these giveaways more often!
In fact, my New Year’s resolution is to do more random acts of kindness. It makes a difference when we take a step back from our own wants and desires, and instead, put more care toward someone else’s. Ooooby will be encouraging anyone and everyone’s New Year’s resolutions this year via social media. Whenever we see a post that has to do with someone’s NY resolution (eating better, working out more, budgeting, getting organized, etc.) and includes hashtag #ooooby18, we will be adding in extra produce and local products to that customer’s Ooooby box! Even if you’re not a customer, you should still consider posting about your resolution progress; making things public holds you accountable and allows others to support you.
For those of you who weren’t able to meet up with me to get a smoothie, here’s the recipe so you can make your own! 🙂
For the Caramel (adapted from feastingonfruit.com):
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Small pinch of sea salt
For the Smoothie:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup vanilla cashew milk
- 1 tablespoon caramel (recipe above), plus more to taste
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups ice
- For the caramel, blend all ingredients until it’s smooth and resembles caramel.
- For the smoothie, blend all smoothie ingredients until smooth.
- Taste and adjust sweetness, if needed.
- In a Mason jar, drizzle the caramel around the glass using a spoon.
- Next, pour in the smoothie and enjoy!
- Smoothie will last at least few days in the refrigerator.
And yes, this counts as having an apple-a-day. 😉
Happy New Year!