I don’t know who makes up days like “National Pancake Day,” but I’ll just go with it. On second thought, I’m pretty sure IHOP came up with it. Anyway, this apparently significant day inspired me to come up with some nutritious and delicious pancakes. So, here you go, pancake lovers!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 2 brown speckled bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Place oats in a high speed blender and blend until a powdery flour consistency is achieved.
- Next, add remaining pancake ingredients and blend until it resembles smooth, thick pancake mix.
- Transfer the pancake mix to a large bowl, then fold in about 1 cup of fresh blueberries.
- Place a pan over low-medium heat, then spray with coconut oil before cooking each pancake.
- Cook and flip each one until evenly golden and cooked through.
- To make the berry drizzle, simply blend a handful of fresh berries with a little agave or honey.
- Pour the berry drizzle on top of your pancake stack. I also added a dollop of vanilla yogurt, pure maple syrup and more fresh berries.
- Then, dig in!